Sewer Stoppages

If you have a sewer stoppage, please contact Public Services first so we may inspect the City side before you call a plumber. If the sewer is stopped up on the city side, Public Services will send someone out immediately to make the necessary repairs. If the stoppage is on the homeowner's property, the homeowner will be notified and advised to contact a certified plumber. If a homeowner calls a plumber first and it turns out to be a city problem, the city will not be responsible for any plumbing fees.

Citizens may call 409-938-9280 between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7:30 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. on Friday. After hours or on weekends or holidays contact City of La Marque Police Department 409-938-9269 to have on call personnel dispatched.

Public Services emergencies include: 

  • backed up sewer
  • water main break
  • traffic light outage
  • stop sign pole down
  • manhole lid missing
  • debris in the road that is impeding traffic flow
  • manhole overflow
  • low water pressure